Sunday, August 12, 2012

Some Stitching Progress!

I think I might be closing in on find out where my mojo has been hiding!! I've really enjoyed the Band Sampler RR that I signed up for. I signed up for it, so hopefully reignite my love of stitching and the desire to do so!! I think that's happening! Recently I've finished Karen's RR, shipping it off to my friend Jo in England!
I really loved all the bright colors! Yellow, as most people who know me know, is NOT my favourite color! But I did enjoy picking bands that I thought Karen would like! I've also got SOME progress on my Waterlily from Mirabila. I've been putting in the metallic in her dress - I did order the Kreinik even though I *hate* it, and am using it in her dress area. However, the wings are this same color, and I'm just not sure that's going to work on her wings!! I also always convert to Delicas, but am having a very hard time finding the beads for this one! Ahh, well. Here's the picture!
I'm hoping to do some more on her this week, but I have received the next RR, and it's pretty intensive, so I'm going to give it a lot of love!!

3 comments:

  1. I am in AWE! Your samplar is gorgeous no matter the color of the fabric!

    I was just reading about Kreinik and wondered what it is and how it's different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours in Karen's sampler, so bright and cheerful and Summery in fact LOL.

    Looking forward to receiving it soon.

    Have you tried DMC or Madeira metallics before rather than the Kreinik?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful !!!! Glad you are back!!!!

    ReplyDelete